Blog Archive

9.13.2008

September

Well, it's September and I still haven't gotten Eli's 1 year old pictures taken. I kept trying to and he kept getting huge bruises on his face and I didn't want to get his picture with him looking like that. So, I'm hoping the pictures will happen this week. The bruise from him falling while holding a spoon and jabbing it into his forehead is now slowly going away. I believe he still has a scar from falling out of a chair at Jen's house and he's got a few small bruises around the eyes, but it will have to happen soon or I'll never get his picture. Anyway, that was a lot of rambling and probably very long sentences, but I don't really care. Like I really have time to proofread my blogs. I believe Grace is finally potty trained again. She is no longer peeing in her underwear every day. Sometimes I just have to remind her to think about whether or not she has to go while she's playing with her friends. But she actually even woke up the other night and came and told me she had to go. I've quite impressed with her now. In other news, Doug is traveling a lot more than he used to, which is still not as much as Gretchen's husband, but it's more than I'm used to and with two active kids it's hard to deal with them when he's not home in the evenings. I'm slowly getting used to it, but still not liking it. We went to the summerset festival in the park today and spent most of the morning there. Grace had so much fun on all the inflatable games they had and we got gigantic snow cones there too. Grace really did not want to leave, but she so much needed a nap. Both of the kids fell asleep in the stroller on our walk back to our house. Eli's starting to say a few words now and I can actually understand what he wants most of the time. He's also walking full force now and it's kinda sad that he's growing up so fast. But, believe me, Gretchen and Jen, I am not ready for another one right now, so don't even think about saying that I do. Well, I suppose I should go to bed now so I will be able to get out of bed tomorrow.

Followers