Blog Archive

8.25.2008

The flu

Last Wednesday I got the flu and was sick all day. I got so dehydrated and ended up going to the Emergency room. It was not fun, but after the trip to the ER, I felt so much better and was able to actually keep some liquid down after that. Gretchen was so incredibly awesome to watch our kids while we went to the hospital for about 4 hours or something close to that amount of time. She had four kids all by herself. I think she is SUPER MOM! Then the next day, Grace got the flu. No one else in our family got it and I don't think anyone in Gretchen's family did either. It's amazing. Doug said it was just a girl disease since he and Eli did not get it. Crazy Husband! So, we survived and finally were back to 100 percent on Saturday when we totally destroyed all plant life in our backyard. Doug rented a chainsaw and hacked down a bunch of branches and bushes and had a little too much fun, I think. It does look a lot better now and actually really open, which I love. But we worked pretty much all day on that. Sunday we went to our church picnic where we knew about 3 people. That wasn't much fun for us. But Grace had a ton of fun. They had a bounce house and obstacle course with a slide. (those big inflatable games) and lots and lots of Snow Cones! Woo-hoo! Perfect for a hot day.

Followers