Blog Archive

7.10.2008

My first blog

I'm not so sure about this whole blogging thing. It seems like just one more thing to keep up with, but I'm going to try it. So, for all of you far away, Grace is now two years old and Eli will be one in less than a month. Grace is potty trained for the most part, but she's starting to drive me crazy because she's deciding when she wants to pee in the potty and when she'd rather just pee in her underwear. Elijah is getting into everything and climbing on everything too. He always climbs up on the kids picnic table and then can't figure out how to get back down. He's not walking yet, so his legs aren't that strong. He just gets up there and laughs at me. I think he knows what he's doing and knows that I will get him down eventually. But for now, that's his favorite way to eat his snack and Grace's too. Too bad Grace doesn't appreciate it. Then there is the toddler language. Grace is cracking me up lately. She says the funniest things and I suppose it's just the age, but to me, she is the funniest toddler I know. Her latest thing is "a doin' mommy? a doin'?" Which is asking "what are you doing?" But she'll say it just to be funny sometimes. She knows that we think it's funny when she asks it everytime we move a muscle, so she continues to do it until we take the time out to explain exactly what is going on and what we will be doing in the next few minutes. Oh, the question stage, how I love it! She also had a conversation with her friend Elie in the car the other day, which made it so hard for me not to laugh. They were talking about trees, mountains, picnics and fireworks. Of course Elie makes a little more sense than Grace because she's six months older, but it was still quite hilarious two-year-old talk. In other news, Doug is changing companies, but we don't have to move! I'm so incredibly excited about this. Two moves in the last two years and no more anytime soon. Life is looking pretty good right now. Well, that's all I have for now, but don't worry there will soon be more to follow. I might actually like this whole blogging thing. This is to all you blogging gals - Jen, Jenny and Gretchen. Hope you like it, you've turned me into a crazy blogger.

Followers